When you desire something sweet that will not leave you feeling guilty... it tastes amazing just try....it only takes 25min to prep...
- 1 cup macadamias natural (150g)
- 150g unsalted butter at room temperature (can be replaced with 100 grams of unrefined virgin coconut oil if concerned about dairy)
- 3 tablespoons of runny honey or coconut syrup or golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cups of wholemeal spelt flour
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups choc melts (250g)
Grease a 19cm x 30 cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cmabove pan edges.
Process the macadamia in a food processor until finely ground.
Beat butter, honey and vanilla paste in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Transfer to a large bowl. Add nuts and combined sifted flours. Stir until just combined.
Press mixture over base of the prepared pan. Smooth over top. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Using a sharp knife, score dough into 18 equal fingers.
Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven. Gentlycut through score marks again to separate the fingers.
Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir untill smooth. TTransfer to a small jug.
One at a time dip on end of the shortbread fingers into the chocolate. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Stand at room temperature until set. Voila...